It is important that anyone who contributes to our forums fully understands what is acceptable and so we have devised the following list of guidelines and rules to help you keep on track.
We want our forums to be useful and fun for everybody, so please do take a moment to read them.
- Don’t just read what other people have written. Take an active part by posting a reply or starting your own topic.
- Before you post a new topic, check to see if someone else has already started a thread on that topic.
- If your response to a topic is likely to change the direction of a thread, start a new topic.
- Use descriptive titles for new topics/posts. You are much more likely to get responses if your title describes the content of your post.
- Our forums are a place for discussion and so try to write posts which contribute something interesting and/or helpful.
- To protect your security and identity, don’t post any personal information such as your home address, telephone number, email address etc. and don’t ask anyone else for their personal details.
- Don’t post anything that would be unsuitable for children.
- Respect other peoples’ opinions and don’t post anything which could be considered as harassment, abuse or defamation.
- Always be polite and do not post racist, obscene or vulgar comments, images or messages.
- If you read something that you think is offensive or inappropriate contact us immediately at email@example.com.
If you observe these basic guidelines and rules you will have the opportunity to learn from other writers, share your own knowledge and experience, make new friends and become part of a lively and stimulating online writing community.
To read our complete terms and conditions, see Terms of website use at the bottom of the screen.